Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yarning Along

Here we are! Must be Wednesday again! Time for an update on what's on my needles and what I'm reading at the moment..

Knitting wise, I'm so so close to finishing the Little Hoodlum I'm knitting for my 6 year old daughter. She chose the yarn, which I never envisioned being a Hoodlum, but as I'm knitting this it's reminding me of a 90's garment, maybe a brightly coloured surfie style hoodie. I'm playing a bit of yardage chicken with the hood, so as soon as the main colour is used up I'll be kitchenering the top.


Maybe I'll have finished pics next week, hopefully! The weather really is not any good for taking outside photos today though. I did plan to go outside or at least snap some great natural light photos. These gloomy pics were taken at midday today. There's a cold front on it's way up the country and it's been cloudy here all day. We can normally see the sea from this window (see the double rainbow I took from the same spot earlier this week HERE) but today we can barely see the houses across the road!


And the book. I finished 'The Persimmon Tree' by Bryce Courteney this week and would thoroughly recommend it, especially listening to it as an audiobook. It was fabulous, I only wished there was another chapter at the end. I have heard there is a sequel 'Fishing For Stars' but the reviews are that it's drawn out and rather boring in parts so I'm not sure I want to go there.  I have this frustrating habit of needing to finish things even if I don't enjoy them anymore and don't want to get trapped reading it. Has anyone read 'Fishing for Stars'? Let me know your thoughts if you have?!


I've started reading listening to  'House Rules' now by Jodi Picoult. I love Jodi Picoult and I'm only a chapter or two in at the moment but I'm really enjoying it. The blurb says it's about a teenage boy with aspergers and a fixation on forensics who gets mixed up in a murder. I can't wait to get to the nitty-gritty!

 
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love you to leave a comment and I promise to pop by your blog and leave a comment too!
 
xx
 
Julia

11 comments:

  1. Stunning colourway. Your daughter has good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of the hoodlum. I've read house rules, its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What app do you use for audiobpooks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Audible. I tried a free one in 2011 (The Hunger Games actually) and was hooked. I do pay a monthly membership but I really love the extensive library. I'm sure there must be a cheaper way, but I've been really happy with Audible :)

      Delete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous colourway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called 'Renee's 12 colour rainbow' although the dyer - Family Pendragon isn't dyeing yarn and selling it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, comfy looking hoodie! I bet it will become a fast favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Hoodie! I love the colors.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colours in your hoodie. It will be great to see it on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does your public library have access to audiobooks (assuming you have access to a public library)? Here in the US I'm constantly downloading audiobooks and ebooks for the kids and me. I like audiobooks, but I tend to listen to them while I'm upright (doing chores, etc) rather than seated when I prefer a print book. I generally pick "brain candy" for my audiobooks so that I don't have to give it my complete, undivided attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read Fishing for Stars, I really enjoyed it but then I'm an avid Bryce Courtenay fan and haven't met a book of his I didn't like yet :D

    I love colours in this hoodie! I have some similar yarn, not sure I have enough for a whole hoodie, maybe a hotshot :)

    ReplyDelete