Wednesday, March 10, 2010

With Pockets

I can't say I've knit pockets before - but I wanted to knit another of tiKKi's soon to be released patterns, this time just for time to wear to playcentre or in the backyard (so something that would keep him warm but it wouldn't matter if it got paint splattered or grubby)

I whipped up this baby in a couple of days, but wanted to try out the patch pocket idea in the pattern.

Voila - a vest for Tim!


Or...is it?

I wondered if where I placed the pockets was a little girly, so tried it on Penny


And it looks fabulous on her! Ah well, I'll just have to whip up another one when I get the chance.

As a complete aside, the kids had so much fun pushing each other in the trolley today. Ok, so Tim can only push it in straight lines, but Penny was taking Tim on a trip around and around and around the backyard (under the tramp was part of the circuit)

1 comment:

  1. What fabulously gorgeous children! Their Nana must ADORE them!!!!!!!
    So for a boy, where would the place be for the pockets? Little further to the side, or on a slant?
    Gorgeous vest!

    ReplyDelete