Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dinosaur! Roarrrrr!



That's the name of the lastest pattern I've purchased on Ravelry.

I'm on a self-enforced yarn buying ban this year and so am trying to knit from my 'stash'. I saw this little pattern recently released by it's author Luciana Jorge and thought the budget could probably cope with it's $4 purchase seeing as it would pay for itself, what with all the cute gifts I could make from stash with it (I should also add too that I've had a couple of emails from the designer and she's just lovely - I love supporting people that are so nice...though most knitters and designers I've been in contact with are all fabulous).

The reason I really 'needed' to purchase it though was we'd bought a pressie for James, (one of our antenatal kids who was holding his birthday party today) but it needed something else

Anywho - to cut a long story short, I bought the pattern Wednesday and by Friday night the Mumma and Bubba Steg were completed, after being knit, washed, blocked, stuffed and sewn. I could get addicted to toy making - so quick, and Penny was besotted.

'Now, Tim you can be the baby stegosaurus, and I'll be the mummy stegosaurus...



(click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. Collective awwwwwwwwwww! I might need to get a copy of that pattern too methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times I Really wish I xould knit and this would be one of them. WHat a CUTE pattern!

    ReplyDelete