Thursday, December 10, 2009

Those Needles Are Buzzing

Man! It's all go at the moment on the knitting front! I've got a billion and one things that I am trying to knit my way through - but one project I have to finish before Christmas is my hubby's socks. I HAVE to finish them so that he continues to be ok with the amount of time I spend knitting! But also, I knitted him some slippers for his birthday that he just loves and that helped him to appreciate my knitting, so socks should be appreciated too.

Here's the pic of the yarn - it's actually not anything like I thought it would/should be and so really it can only ever be socks for Blair. It's 100purewool fingering weight superwash.



It was meant to be


BUT since knitting 20cms worth  of one leg in 3 x 1 rib, I've found out that it's not really sock yarn, so will be trying to knit woolly nylon with it while doing the toes and heels to ensure that they last as long as possible.

The only thing is - it breaks my just one work in progress plan as I can only knit these when he's not home....so I am trying to snatch moments when kids are asleep or when I am at my knitting night to get them done.

I also have knit a number of other items lately for custom knits. These are winging their way to the UK as I type for a wee girls Chrissie present.



Along with


And...
      

Also sent was something knitted out of Anchor Magicline, a striping 100% cotton...but what the result was will stay a bit of a secret for now while the pattern is perfected ;) Here's a sneak peak:


I've actually cast off 4 other items in the last couple of weeks or so, but you'll have to wait till the 25th before I can pop up pics - don't want to ruin any surprises or anything (well just in case people check out my blog!)

3 comments:

  1. Haha Julia! I could just about have written the first half of this post word for word! I am being buried under knitting projects right now and I'm knitting Kim a pair of socks for Christmas too! I hate knitting more than one thing at a time, but have to because the socks are a surprise (he's been hassling me to knit him something for ages) so I can't knit them at night. How are you going with yours? I'm not even halfway through one sock at the moment and they're taking AGES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am knitting my BIL socks for christmas as i pulled his nam out for Secret santa, man socks take AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From hanging out on ravelry, it sounds like on average a pair of socks takes approx 30 hours to knit! Which probably feels like even longer if it's a simple, repetitive pattern!

    ReplyDelete