Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vanilla Soakers

Here's another item I can custom knit, it goes from sizes NB right up to XL (which is great for bigger bottoms and covering those extra stuffed night time nappies). It's yet another of Kelly's  patterns - you could say I'm a bit of a fan of her designs


This is a cute wee newborn size for a friend of mine due to have a babe soon of an as yet unknown flavour. I found the ball of soft 10ply in my stash and crossed my fingers that it would be enough - and it was :) Though in saying that, if it hadn't been enough, I really like contrasting waist and leg cuffs so it wouldn't have been a problem.

As I knitted with the soft but sadly boring navy I thought about adding a wee orange goldfish to it...and it evolved into me wanting to attempt a Nemo. Late last night while hubby was back at work and the kidlets were tucked up in bed, out came the needles and sliver and voila, Nemo was felted, oh yes, and the very bright i-cord added.


This pattern comes in sizes newborn, small, medium, large and extra large, all of which I'd be happy to knit for you. Prices start at $20 - email me, jstanfield@xtra.co.nz if you'd like me to custom knit one especially for you. I can add embellishments for a small additional cost.

As they are covers to use over nappies, they come to you lanolised and ready to wear. You will need to re-lanolise every couple of months (depending on frequency of use) or when it begins to lose it's moisture resistance.

Contact me if you'd like more information on how to lanolise woollens - I'm happy to give more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment